The GAP/(M)ACE Developers & Users Meeting 2023 will be the second GAP D&U Meeting to be organized, after the D&U Meeting 2022. This year we will focus also on the emerging (M)ACE framework [(message-passing) atomic cluster expansion], in addition to the already popular GAP. It will take place at Warwick University, UK, on 12-15 September 2023.
- Albert Bartók (Warwick University)
- Livia Pártay (Warwick University)
- James Kermode (Warwick University)
- Gábor Csányi (University of Cambridge)
- Miguel Caro (Aalto University)
These are the invited speakers for the GAP/(M)ACE D&U Meeting 2023. Check the program (closer to the meeting dates) for presentation topics.
- Sandip De (BASF, Germany)
- Fernanda Duarte (University of Oxford, UK)
- Jicheng Guo (Argonne National Laboratory, USA)
- Dávid Kovács (University of Cambridge, UK)
- Yury Lysogorskiy (Ruhr University Bochum, Germany)
- Ioan-Bogdan Magdau (Newcastle University, UK)
- Francesco Maresca (University of Groningen, Netherlands)
- Matous Mrovec (Ruhr University Bochum, Germany)
- Matt Probert (University of York, UK)
- Christoph Ortner (University of British Columbia, Canada)
- Max Veit (Aalto University, Finland)
The whole final conference programme can be downloaded from here.
The meeting will take place at the Warwick University campus, on the outskirts of the city of Coventry, UK. We have arranged for accommodation on campus for attendants, which should be booked at the time of registration. These are single, en-suite bedrooms seven-minutes walk from the venue. We highly recommend this option as they are affordable (67 GBP/night) and staying on campus significantly simplifies the logistics of traveling daily. Follow this link to book on-campus accommodation.
To travel to the University of Warwick, we recommend flying to Birmingham Airport, from where the campus is accessible via local trains and buses, or a short taxi ride. Alternatively, if arriving at Heathrow Airport, travel to Coventry via train or coach and take one of the local bus services to the campus.
Local services at the Warwick campus
Talks and tutorials will be held in the Social Sciences building, at the heart of the campus. There is a grocery store nearby, and the Interchange provides bus links to Coventry as well as nearby towns Kenilworth and Leamington Spa. Accommodation for attendants is situated in Bluebell residences, which are walking distance from the Sport and Wellness Hub. There is a pub on campus serving food and drinks, and there are plenty of restaurants, bars and pubs in Coventry, Kenilworth or Leamington Spa.
The GAP/(M)ACE D&U Meeting is meant for both GAP and (M)ACE experts and new or inexperienced users that would like to learn how GAP and (M)ACE can help them solve their materials modeling question.
To register for the meeting, please follow this link. Contributed talks and posters are welcome, please provide the title and abstract of your proposed contribution on the registration page. Note that there is a small 100 GBP registration fee.
Unfortunately, we are not able to provide financial support to attend the meeting. Therefore, the participants will need to cover all the expenses related to travel and accommodation.
If you have any questions you can ask Albert Bartók by sending an email to Albert.Bartok-Partay@warwick.ac.uk.